On March 16, 2018, Nossaman Environment and Land Use Law Partner Svend Brandt-Erichsen will be serving as a member of the faculty for The Seminar Group’s CLE and Foresters program Pacific Northwest Timberlands Management: Regulations, Litigation, and Business Considerations.
The full conference, held from March 15-16, 2018, at the Portland, Oregon World Trade Center, will also be available via live webcast and on demand following the live presentation. Mr. Brandt-Erichsen’s presentation, entitled “Practice Pointers for Energy Projects on Timberlands,” will take place at 2:30 p.m. PT and will cover: energy project permitting needs and timelines; potential wildlife impacts and related mitigation needs; and providing construction access and access during the project’s operating life.
Additional topics to be addressed at the conference include:
- Evolving timberland investment structures and strategies
- Impact of the New Administration on the Timber Industry
- Clean Water Act Update
- Endangered Species Act Update
- Oregon State Regulatory and Litigation Update
- Washington State Regulatory and Litigation Update
- Treaty Rights, Cultural Considerations, and Land Management
- Recreational Immunity and Liability Update
- Insurance in Timberland
- Anatomy of a Timberland Transaction
- Global Trade in Timber and Fiber – International Drivers
- Air Regulations, Biomass, and Carbon Markets
- Forest Legacy and Conservation Easements: A Panel Discussion
CLE and Foresters credit will be available for both in-person and webcast attendance, and group discounts are available. Visit The Seminar Group’s website to review the full agenda and register. We hope you will be able to join Mr. Brandt-Erichsen in Portland for this unique seminar.